Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Making Tree Growth Charts for Kid's Playroom

I'm excited to share one of the projects I've been working on!
 
It is a Children's Playroom.
 
Overall, it has been quite a large project
 
including
 
Tree Growth Charts
 
Dollhouse Shadowboxes
 
Whimsical Mirrors
 
Chalk/Cork/Pegboards
 
Flowers, birds, clouds, and stars.
 
Today I thought I would show you the Tree Growth Charts.
 
 
 
 
Well, that's a sneak peek
 
because first I want to show you
 
how I sketched it out for wall placement.
 
 
 
 
There will be two large trees,
 
one at each end of the room.
 
The trees will be 5' wide x 7' tall.
 
The items in between are large dollhouse shadowboxes
 
including a firestation.
 
Because the project is not installed yet,
 
I don't have the final photo
 
where the leaves and tree will be mounted on the wall.
 
But I can show you the process
 
and individual pieces as I have them so far.
 
I used quality red oak plywood.
 
(about $20 per 4' x 8' sheet)
 
 
 
I did a freehand sketch directly on the plywood
 
but, believe me, my eraser was hard at work.
 
You could make a large paper pattern first and then trace.
 
Here is a photo of the base standing against the wall.
 
 
 
 

Now a view of it laid out on the floor with the leaves.
 
 
 
 
Pin It!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It!
 
 
Well, you get the idea.
 
It will be fun to share the photos after installation.
 
I will show you some of the other builds for the room soon!
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
 
Deb
 
 
Linking To:
 
 


4 comments:

Feral Turtle said...

This is awesome!!! I am actually making one right now for my friends son! I decided on the water fish theme as they love fish. Yours is truly amazing. I am going to pin this for future projects!

Heidi Lisa said...

Oh Deb I love it! Is it for family or is this a custom order?

Deb Hrabik said...

Hey Heidi -Thank you!
This is a custom order. I am actually working with an interior designer on this project. More soon, Deb

20 North Ora said...

Deb - This is darling! How creative! I love doing children's rooms.

Judy