Thursday, September 20, 2012

Caramel Apple Sideboard

Here's the Caramel



And here's the Apple.




I know what you were thinking...





And yah.......yum.
Tis the Season.


So I gave this sideboard some caramel apple love.

 I was a "stick in the mud"
about parting with my Bahama Blue Console.
But we inherited a great piece of family furniture
that will take it's place.
So this hard working buffet
is finding it's way to a new home
and will be nestled in a mustardy gold kitchen.
So Old Blue is getting a new life.

After a base coat of semi-gloss black,
I double loaded my brush with these two reds..
Colonial Red and Apple Red




This is the same red application I used on
and

I base painted the top in some warm golds.





Then I used these colors to Dip and Drag
across the top.







Then I used glaze, raw sienna and some darker brown and bronze
to create the caramel edges.






I also needed to warm up the silver cup pulls
with a brush of black and brown.



Now it has that cozy warm feel
and will be at home in the new
Mustard Gold Kitchen.





Pin It!











I look forward to sharing my
newly inherited sideboard that will
be up for a redo soon!

Get the Caramel Apples ready.
Autumn begins this Saturday!
Deb




Linking to:

Friday:            Redoux Interiors
                       At the Picket Fence
                      Miss Mustard Seed
                       The Shabby Nest
                      French Country Cottage
                       2805
                       Common Ground

Saturday:       Funky Junk Interiors
                      Too Much Time on My Hands

Monday:        DIY Showoff
                     Craftomaniac
                     BoogieBoard Cottage
                     Between Naps on the Porch

Tuesday:       My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
                     Coastal Charm
                     Home Stories A to Z
                     Primitive and Proper
                     Elizabeth & Co.
                     A Diamond in the Stuff

Wednesday:   Savvy Southern Style
         
                   
Thursday:     Beyond the Picket Fence
                     The 36th Avenue
                     House of Hepworths
                     Embracing Change
                     Stone Gable
                     A Delightsome Life
                     The Shabby Creek Cottage
                     Delightful Order
                     A Glimpse Inside

September Project:    Funky Junk Interiors

November Before and After :     Thrifty Decor Chick
                    
                    

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that deep, rich red!

Unknown said...

what a beautiful piece! Another winner!

My Secret Life in Lilly said...

Love the texture you created! I'll have to try that :) Would love for you to link up to Carter's Cottage, My Monday Muse :) Hope to see you there!

Susie's Sassy DIY said...

This is soooo beautiful. I love it.

20 North Ora said...

Deb - I like that one better than the edible kind!! Really pretty piece.

Judy

Unknown said...

What a beautiful makeover!!!

House Crazy in Michigan! said...

Love your style...so unique! Great makeover.

Small House / Big Sky Donna
http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com

Inspired by you said...

Loving' the red. Nice transformation!

Honey at 2805 said...

You really caught my attention with that red! (my favorite color) The black undercoat and two reds certainly are beautiful! Love the contrasting top! i would love to have this beauty in my kitchen! Thank you! I appreciate you sharing your creativity at zpotpurri Friday!

Honey at 2805 said...

I am a new friend and follower!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, that is really pretty.

Buttermess Acres said...

This looks delish! Just beautiful!Newest follower! (:
-Carrie Eve @
www.a-hooahs-housewife.blogspot.com

Shellie said...

You are so amazing...that's all. :)

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Well, isn't that a fun, fall piece!? Great job!

Unknown said...

Loving´ the red!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!

Jennifer @ Pieces to Treasure said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Doing reds and greens in my living room inspired by cardinals (the bird, not the football team). I need a buffet for an entertainment center. Pinning for future reference!!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

what a great piece! and i am totally craving a caramel apple now. thanks. ;)

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

OMGosh I love this piece!! It really looks like a caramel apple...incredible inspiration! You did a fabu job...perfect too for the fall season. Visiting you from the WOW party at SSS.
XO

shabbygals said...

Love this!!! Awesome job!! New follower! Would luv if you would come and visit me at shabbygals.blogpspot.com too!

Tricia said...

The combination of the two reds over black really appeals to me. It all looks great.

Anonymous said...

You KNOW I love this. I love the texture and I love the colors you used. This is absolutely beautiful!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your sideboard looks great...LOVE the color :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I really need to break out some red paint!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Girl--there is not a single thing that you have done or shared that I do not love--we must be 2 of a kind, same taste for sure!

Heidi Lisa said...

LOVE it Deb! almost tempted to use these colors for my new purchase! Would the red stick out like a sore thumb?

Unknown said...

i would love to feature your buffet on a special feature im doing, let me know if this would be ok
lauren